Posted on Mon 15 Jan 2018 at 11:31 by Adam Tomes
Elections Job Share Update
In my manifesto I promised you that you’d be able to Job Share a Part-Time Officer role to make it a more manageable opportunity. I’m so pleased to be able to say now you’ll be able to do just that! It’s a trial for this round of elections and if things go smoothly then I hope it will become a permanent option.
- This is only an option for part-time roles
- If you run as a pair, you remain as a pair (i.e. if you’re elected and one of you drops out halfway through the year, you both have to as you were elected together)
- During elections, if you get a complaint, you both are responsible for each other’s actions
- For liberation positions, you are both expected to identify into the relevant liberation group
- Also for liberation positions, if you’re successfully elected, you must choose one of the pair to be the official co-chair of the association
I hope this opens the opportunity of part-time roles to many more people who might not have had the time or capacity to go it alone!
Please see further election regulations here and drop me a message if you have any questions. Thinking of running? Nominations are now open.