Not On Ambassador (Guild of Students) [GUI1531GOS/EC] (2 positions)
Listed by Guild of Students
Application deadline: Mon 12 Mar 2018
For full details of the job and to download an application pack visit
Please return your completed form:
By email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Not On, Guild Advice, University of Birmingham Guild of Students, Edgbaston Park Road, Birmingham B15 2TU.
4 hours per week on average
Tue 20 Mar 2018
This role begins in September 2018 although training will take place during term 3 of the current academic year. This might include shadowing, ad hoc events and workshops.
‘Not On’ Campaign
‘Not On’ is a joint campaign, launched by the University of Birmingham and the Guild of Students. It aims to promote an environment in which sexual harassment of any kind is deemed to be wholly unacceptable and to enable students to have the knowledge, ability and confidence to report and take action against all forms of sexual harassment.
- Deliver small-group educational workshops with other Ambassadors to all students, for example those living in halls or are part of societies and sports teams, on the topics of sexual consent, sexual harassment and bystander intervention
- Deliver presentations to larger audiences of students encouraging bystander intervention and campaign promotion
- Help promote and schedule workshops or presentations
- Attend and complete compulsory training as required
- Attend work looking clean, smart and wearing the uniform; name badges must be worn at all times
- Carry out other duties which naturally fall within the reasonable expectations of the post
Person Specification: Not On Ambassador
The person specification describes the knowledge, experience & abilities that the Guild is looking for in the student staff we employ. To be successful, during the selection process (application form & interview) you should demonstrate:
- Confidence in delivering workshops and presentations to students
- Public speaking
- Strong communication skills – with students and Guild/University staff
- Ability to work in a team, but also on own initiative
- Empathy and approachable nature
- Flexibility, commitment and punctuality
- Ability to balance academic work with your responsibility to the Guild as your employer throughout the academic year
- A desire to further the aims of the ‘Not On’ Campaign
- Keen to contribute to the development of the Guild.
To find out more about the 'Not On' Campaign, please visit https://www.guildofstudents.com/noton/
Type of Vacancy
Part-time or Casual