Application deadline: Tue 23 Aug 2022 09:00
£21,925 gross per annum, 35.5 hours per week
This role is part of the Student Voice & Representation department working collectively with colleagues delivering the Guild’s student advice, representation, democracy, policy and campaigns work. The Student Voice & Representation Team is part of the Support & Representation Directorate.
The International & Postgraduate Coordinator will support and proactively engage with our International and Postgraduate (PG) student communities. You will deliver activities and events to promote and support the International and PG experience that build engagement across both the Guild and the University of Birmingham, as well as providing remote support to students on the UoB Dubai Campus. You will also work as part of a team and with University colleagues, to understand the barriers to participation for International and PG Students to improve engagement with them.
We are looking for candidates who have experience of working effectively as part of a team and using your own initiative, have knowledge of further and higher education and the issues effecting students today along with the ability to establish strong working relationships with a wide range of individuals both within the Guild of Students, the University and external organisations.
We offer great benefits including:
- 5 days close down during Christmas, and 2 during Easter each year, in additional to bank holidays and 21 days annual leave, rising to 26 days after 5 years’ service (meaning you will not work during Christmas, New Year or Easter).
- Full sick pay from the moment you start working for us.
- A comprehensive suite of basic training for all employees which includes Equality & Diversity, Mental Health Awareness and Data Protection
- Discounted membership rates at University of Birmingham Sport & Fitness
- The opportunity for new staff to join the NEST pension scheme. The Guild contributes a matched payment of between 4-6% of your salary
- A range of wellbeing benefits
We are a Times 100 employer and in our most recent staff survey (April 2022) 88% of our staff said they are proud to work for this organisation.
The Guild of Students is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion in all its forms and welcomes applications from all members of the community.
Should you need to complete your application in an alternative format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 23rd August 2022 at 09:00am
The provisional interview date for this role is likely to be 14th September 2022.