Job Skills and Volunteering Events
We hold a wide range of events and workshops for you to take advantage of including Employability Fairs, workshops and CV check appointments.
For a full list of upcoming workshops and events, please take a scroll through the Guild Events webpage.
Meet employers recruiting for part-time and vacation work. We have a range of employers and employability services booked to attend so make sure you save the dates in your calendar!
- Student Jobs Fair – 19th September 2017, 11am – 4pm, Guild of Students (Underground)
- Employability Skills Fair – 20th September 2017, 11am – 4pm, Guild of Students (Underground)
- Volunteering Fair – 21st September 2017, 11am – 4pm, Guild of Students (Underground)
- Jingle Bell Jobs – 1st November 2017, 11am – 2pm, Guild of Students (Amos)
- Student Jobs and Volunteering Fair – 17th January 2018, 11am – 3pm, Guild of Students (Debating Hall)
One-to-One CV Check Appointments for Part-Time Work
We run CV check appointments each week in the Guild of students during term-time. Book your appointment here
Friendly CV Advisers will be able to give you useful tips on how to edit your CV and/or covering letter. If you are applying for a particular role, please feel free to bring the job advertisement/person specification with you as you may find this useful.
If you are seeking a CV check or any other support with finding graduate jobs, placements or internships, or you can't make our appointment times, or we are fully booked, then please book a CV check through Careers Network appointment system available through your College at www.as.bham.ac.uk/careers or call Careers Network on 0121 414 6120.
Workshops Organised by the International Careers Adviser
We have a range of events and workshops designed to help and support international students to find or apply for part-time jobs. These workshops are organised by the International Careers Advisor. Please visit Careers Network for International Students for more information and a list of events and workshops.
For further information about our events, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0121 251 2500.