Last year, over 45 student-led volunteering groups dedicated their time to campaigning, fundraising, raising awareness and volunteering in the community. We're very pleased to annouce that, as a result of your hard work, over £260,000 has been raised for numerous charitable causes!
As well as fundraising this amazing amount, our volunteers:
- Provided over 1,500 hours of first aid support at events such as London Marathon, Vale Festival and Aston Villa football matches
- Introduced new sporty fundraising events such as kayaking and a charity dodgeball tournament!
- Participated in international volunteering projects in Kenya, Uganda and Bulgaria
- Provided a confidential anonymous listening service for nearly 500 students
- Ran 5 trips to Birmingham Blood Donor Centre
- Helped 200 students sign up to the Bone Marrow donor register
- Fundraised enough to buy 13 baby boxes for mothers of new-borns across 4 African countries
- Supported refugee and migrant families through an English Club, walking club, play scheme and library
And even more!
Activities and Employability Officer, Robyn, said:
“Congratulations to all of our volunteering groups, every minute you put in makes a difference and you should be proud of the huge impact you have had on the community!”
Visit our student groups page to discover more about our student-led volunteering groups or email email@example.com