What is Junkbusters?
Junkbusters is a joint project between the Guild of Students and the University. Every year, we go out into Selly Oak and collect your unwanted clothes, books and household items to raise money for the British Heart Foundation - since 2011, we have raised over £135,000!
Our next collections are taking place on the dates below to help you to have a clear out before you leave your student accommodation:
- 10 June, 17 June, from 12:30pm - 15:30
- 24 June, from 12:30pm - 15:30
- 30 June, from 10:00am - 13:00
- 8 July, from 12:30pm - 15:30
Our collection points are
- Corner of Bournbrook Road & Raddlebarn Road
- Corner of Heeley Road & Dartmouth Road
- Corner of Dawlish Road & Exeter Road
So, if you have unwanted items, please do drop them off so they can go to a new home and we can work together to reduce waste.
All you need to do is fill up a bin bag with good quality, unwanted items and bring it to one of our stalls.