Graduation Hardship Fund
Are you due to graduate this year? Are you worried about the cost?
Don't worry! Your Guild of Students maybe able to help you if you are struggling to afford the costs.
If you are facing financial difficulty and are struggling to cover the cost of attending your graduation ceremony, please consider applying for the Graduation Hardship Fund.
The following awards are available:
- Gown Hire: £45
- Photography (basic package): £30
The maximum award available is £75 (amounts are based on the pricing information on the Ede & Ravenscroft website).
How To Apply
Just follow these easy steps:
- Visit our Advice Request Form
- Under 'area of advice' please select 'Graduation Hardship Fund'
- Under 'Concern Overview' please include the following:
- A clear reason why you are unable to afford your graduation costs
- A clear reason why you are in financial hardship because of paying for graduation costs that you have already paid
- Attach your most recent bank statement evidencing finances available. If you have more than one bank, the last statement from each bank is required
When completing the form, you’ll be asked to provide reasons as to why you are struggling financially and will need to submit a month’s bank statement as evidence. Your application form and evidence will then be assessed based on your particular circumstances.
If you have any other queries about your graduation, please visit the University’s website for further information.