Are you living locally to UoB for Lockdown 3.0? We know that this may not be a particularly easy time, and that your usual social circle may not have all made in back to Birmingham yet. So, to help cheer things up a bit, your Community Wardens want to help you to widen your social circle by connecting you with other students in the area in the same situation!
Sign up to Community Connections via this link and we will introduce you to another student who is also in living locally to UoB right now. They could be someone you chat to online, play virtual games with (Uno, Among Us, Scrabble, Hearts? So many options!), or go for a socially distanced walk somewhere nice!
Give it a go – you never know, you might meet a wonderful new friend!
Closing date for signing up is Thursday 28th January – we will put you in touch with the other student on Friday 29th January
If you have any questions about Community Connections or if you're living in the local community and need anything at all, please contact the Community Wardens via email at email@example.com and we'll do our best to help you.
To give you an idea, these are the kind of things you can talk to us about:
- Your house or your landlord/letting agent
- Keeping safe or any concerns around safety and crime
- Financial issues
- Access to food or essentials (particularly if you are having to self-isolate)
- Questions about waste management or keeping your community clean
- Help to connect with other people living in the community
- Problems with neighbours (noise, COVID breaches)