JSV page header for desktop

Tax and National Insurance

Students and Income Tax

For information on income tax, please visit our Support Section of the website

National Insurance

To work in the UK you will need a National Insurance number, for information about how to apply please visit https://www.gov.uk/national-insurance/overview

Please note you will not need to pay for a National Insurance number, to ensure you are not being scammed please use the government website only.

Self Employment

You can find all details about being self-employed here

Contact Us

Jobs - 0121 415 8960

Volunteering - 0121 415 8985







Meet your officer team

Every year, a team of Officers are elected by YOU to help you get the best out of Birmingham. Each officer leads a different part of the Union on your behalf – click on their faces below to find out what they do and how to get in touch…

Ellie Keiller - Guild President
Shannon Farmer - Activities & Development Full Time Officer
Adam Goldstone - Education Full Time Officer
Kris Ali - Housing & Community Full Time Officer
Rose Bennett - Postgraduate Full Time Officer
Jess Levy - Representation & Resources Full Time Officer
Helena Bailey - Sports Full Time Officer
Henny Green - Welfare Full Time Officer

Latest Student Deals