VOTING CLOSES IN:
We are a society at The University of Birmingham as of February 2014 in response to a recognition by students of the need to promote and inspire the younger local Bengali generation to follow through to higher degree level education as well as forming a networking opportunity between future Bengali graduates.
We understand that we are underrepresented at Red Brick institutions like our university which produce high calibre candidates for the future market place and our aim is to lay down the foundations for this change.
Throughout the summer our committee has been busy in identifying opportunities to engage Bengali students with each other at the university to then be able to reach out to younger members of the community as a source of inspiration to success. Our aims have been clearly set and imbedded in our constitution:
- Unite Bengali students together
- Express Bengali culture at the university
- Remove stereotypical views by collaborating with other societies
- Hosting events based on cultural issues
- Inspire success to local youth at schools and colleges by actively engaging with them through mentoring schemes.
Groups - 0121 415 8950
RA's - 0121 415 8949
Every year, a team of Officers are elected by YOU to help you get the best out of Birmingham. Each officer leads a different part of the Union on your behalf – click on their faces to find out what they do and how to get in touch…