University of Birmingham Photographic Society (PhotoSoc)
PhotoSoc is open to all students of any level of ability or equipment - all you need is an interest in photography!
Membership is £6 for the academic year, which provides:
- Access to our Darkroom and Digital Editing Suite
- Free access to events and workshops (such as Mobile Photography, Darkroom and Film Developing, and our ever popular Studio Workshop!)
- Ability to join our photography competitions
- Ability to join us on trips/outings, predominantly around Birmingham, such as Cannon Hill Park.
- Ability to hire society equipment, including film cameras, DSLRs and studio lighting (email to rent)
- Ability sign-up to our Events Team (email/DM on Instagram to join)
President: Toby Fenton
Vice-President: Fatima Zahra
Secretary: Leonard Tobescu
Treasurer: Iyassou Shimels
Equipment Officer: Jonty Rudman
Workshop Coordinator: Thomas Thory-Rao
Social Media & Marketing Officers: George Baker and Hyeonju Lee
Events Team Manager: Chelsea Tiso
This is the Facebook group for paid members of the society, to keep up-to-date with events and workshops! If you want to join the group/society, please go to the guild of students website and buy membership there:
If you are looking for photographers to cover an event you are organising then please send a message to the above email address. Thank you!