University of Birmingham Photographic Society (PhotoSoc)
PhotoSoc is open to all students of any level of ability or equipment - all you need is an interest in photography!
Membership is £6 for the academic year, which provides:
- Access to our Darkroom and Digital Editing Suite
- Free access to events and workshops (such as Mobile Photography, Darkroom and Film Developing, and our ever popular Studio Workshop!)
- Ability to join our photography competitions
- Ability to join us on trips/outings, predominantly around Birmingham, such as Cannon Hill Park.
- Ability to hire society equipment, including film cameras, DSLRs and studio lighting (email to rent)
- Ability sign-up to our Events Team (email/DM on Instagram to join)
President: Toby Fenton
Secretary: Robert Leonard
Equipment Officer: TBC*
Sessions Coordinator: TBC
Marketing Officer: TBC*
Events Team Manager: TBC
* We will be looking to fill these roles specifically at an Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM), in Week 2/3 of term, so if you're interested, please don't hesitate to contact us about whichever committee roles you are interested in!
This is the Facebook group for paid members of the society, to keep up-to-date with events and workshops! If you want to join the group/society, please go to the guild of students website and buy membership there:
If you are looking for photographers to cover an event you are organising then please send a message to the above email address. Thank you.