The University of Birmingham Christian Union is a community of students from different backgrounds who are passionate about living and speaking for Jesus at university. We are united around the Gospel and exist to give every student on our campus the opportunity to hear and respond to the Good News of Jesus Christ, through being equipped to share the Gospel and by putting on events. The Christian Union is not a Church, but instead works alongside the local Church to reach our campus. No matter who you are, why not come along to one of the regular events below; we'd love to meet you!
Like us on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/uobcu/, follow our Insta @UniofBirmingham_cu or have a look round our webpage (www.ubcu.org.uk) for more information. Join our facebook members group to get connected and stay up to date: https://www.facebook.com/groups/163177447541
- 8-8:30am via Zoom
- Our start of the week prayer meeting; coming together to pray for our campus and for the week ahead. Bring your own Breakfast?
-1-2pm via Zoom
- A great opportunity for international students to chat to some friendly UK students and ask us any questions you have about living in the UK!
- 5-6:15pm via Zoom
- If you're an international student join us to make new friends, practise your conversational English and discuss parts of the Bible!
- Join the English Club FB group https://www.facebook.com/groups/englishclubuob/?ref=share and follow their instagram https://www.instagram.com/englishclubuob/
- 8:00-9pm via Zoom
- Our big central weekly meeting, uniting together to be reminded of the truths of the Gospel and be equipped to share it with those around us.
- Mostly on Monday evenings, with some flexibility
- Small groups (3-6) meeting weekly to create community, be impacted by God's word, and impact our campus.
- These will be at the heart of the CU this coming year, allowing us to form real relationships despite being online and to think and pray about what living for Jesus actually looks like in current circumstances.
- Sign up here: https://forms.gle/4VgwqjdCPRBVmM5h7
- Flexible Times, via Zoom
- Creating community, discussing life, uncovering Jesus: Explore Groups are small communities that meet each week to look into Christianity. Whether you’re investigating faith, are wondering what Christians really believe, or just want to chat, this is the place to be!
- Sign up here: https://forms.gle/2iax2UmPdLAsRZab8
- Throughout the semester, a Live-Stream at Lunchtime
- A short talk on a big question, a Q&A session - everyone is welcome, regardless of where you stand!
- Check Facebook for more specific info.
There's also some other groups on campus we work with
Christians in Sport
- 8am, usually Wednesday
- A group getting together for prayer and bible study to be encouraged and equipped to reach out to others through sport.
Find out more on instagram @cis_birminghamuni
Christian Medical Fellowship
- A group to encourage Christian medical students
Find out more here: https://uobmedsoc.com/christian-medical-fellowship