For anyone interested in Muay Thai. A practical martial art, good for fitness, fun, sparring and self protection. All levels and abilities welcome, sparring is not compulsory.
Please contact us on Facebook or by email if you have any questions!
Also follow us on our Instagram page @uob_muaythai to get up to date with our amazing content!
How are we adapting to the COVID situation?
We are working hard with the guild and UoB Sport to bring you the best we have to offer. Rest assured we created a detailed plan to mitigate the risks posed by the pandemic in accordance with the UK government guidelines and the England Boxing Association
- Until our NGB (National Governing Body) says otherwise, there will be no pad work or sparring due to the obvious risk of contamination
- The Dojo will be thoroughly cleaned before training
- Spaces in the dojo will be divided in several 9 meter square areas (3x3)
- Throughout the session, instructors will wear masks as they will likely come within 2 meters of you to explain technique
- When queueing outside the pool by UoB Sports and Fitness we will encourage a 2m distancing rule
- Everyone must have a mask and their student id card to come into UoB Sports and fitness. If you do not, we can't let you in.
We are back, safely though!
For this year we are introducing a new, better and fairer pricing system that should cater to everyone's willingness to commit to the sport.
If you want to really dig in and go to every session but don't want to go bankrupt doing it, we got you covered with our monthly and weekly packages. Check them out below
Once we have confirmation from the guild that we can start running classes, you'll be able to buy tickets on the website as we're trying to avoid all unnecessary money exchanges due to COVID
Pricing Scheme for Members 2020/2021
|Bundle 2 Classes
|Bundle 4 Classes
Non-Members are also very welcome £6 per session.
Please consider becoming a member to take advantage of our new pricing scheme
Refer to our Facebook page for all updates and important information!
2020/21 Committee Members:
President: Francisco Goinhas
Vice President: Owen Hanley
Secretary: Ciaran Middleton
Treasurer: Omar Ehab Abdel Aziz
Kit Rep: Sam Thomas
Social Secretaries: Nabilah Shuaib & Ellie Woodhead
Interclub Rep: Brijee Rana