What is the covid response fund?
We know how difficult some of you are finding things right now, which is why we’re launching our brand new Covid Response Fund; designed to help any student who is facing financial difficulty in the short term, as a result of Covid-19.
Our fund, which has kindly been given to us by the University, is for small, one off payments, for things such as:
- Health care e.g. prescriptions, nappies, sanitary products
- Digital poverty
- Upgrading Wi-Fi
- Repairing personal laptops
- Purchasing course materials normally obtained through UoB Library Services
- Food costs
- Travel costs
- Other unexpected costs as a result of Covid-19
How Do I Apply?
To apply for the Covid Response Fund all you need to do is email Guild Advice, by clicking on the button below. Then, one of our team (an Education & Welfare Advisor) will be in touch and will send you an initial assessment form and find out any further information which may support your claim.
Supporting information could be:
- A clear reason to request financial support
- Proof of Student Status
- Evidence of low income, e.g. bank statements
- Cost of a specific financial burden, e.g. repair quote
- An application to the University Student Support fund (if the student is requiring substantial financial support)