Events Technical CoordinatorVacancy
£24,483 gross per annum – 35.5 hours per week
The Guild wishes to recruit an Events Technical Coordinator who will work collectively with colleagues delivering the Guild’s large scale events and technical services (sound, light & production) within the Engagement Directorate.
The Guild is a values led organisation. As a not for profit charity, income generated in our commercial services funds student activities.
This role will ensure the highest standards of technical support for all Guild events, ensuring compliance with health and safety requirements along with oversight of the day to day operations of technical services in the Guild. We are looking for applicants who have experience of technical event production, including lighting, sound, video, staging and rigging; along with experience of delivering and supporting a wide range of events, including regular weekly/monthly events, as well as large scale and ad hoc/one off events.
We offer great benefits including:
- 5 days close down during Christmas, and 2 during Easter each year, in additional to bank holidays and 21 days annual leave (meaning you will not work during Christmas, New Year or Easter).
- Full sick pay from the moment you start working for us.
- A comprehensive suite of basic training for all employees which includes Equality & Diversity, Mental Health Awareness and Data Protection
- Discounted membership rates at University of Birmingham Sport & Fitness
- We provide all new staff with the opportunity to join the NEST pension scheme. The Guild contributes a matched payment of between 4-6% of your salary, with the percentage being up to you to decide.
We are a Times 100 employer and in our most recent staff survey (2021) 98% of our staff said they are proud to work for this organisation.
The Guild of Students is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion and welcomes applications from all members of the community.
Closing date for applications: Friday 14th January 2022 at 9.00am
For more information email: firstname.lastname@example.org