Guild Officers will be asking the University to consider the following:
- That you should not be assessed on material for which no teaching is provided
- Assessment deadlines should be extended on affected courses
- Exam boards should be able to scale marks where students’ performance in affected modules is impacted
- Students should be compensated for teaching not received through additional learning opportunities or monetary compensation
- Any savings on unpaid wages during industrial action should be ring-fenced for student-focused causes
Regardless of your stance on strike action, Guild Advice are here to help you with any academic issues during the strike period. They can also help you submit a complaint about the impact of strikes on your education, should you so wish.