Guild of Students – Your Ideas Comments Week
Guidelines on posting your comment
Once an idea is submitted to ‘Your Ideas’, it’s really important that everyone has a chance to discuss - and have their say about – what’s been proposed. Feedback on an idea, both positive and negative, can be really useful in helping shape voting and to help us all learn more about what might happen if an idea is passed successfully.
We want to make sure that it’s easy for you to comment on and discuss ideas; however we need to make sure that this discussion is safe and accessible for everyone.
To help make sure this happens, here are some important things for you to keep in mind when commenting:
- The Guild reserves the right to remove comments that are contradictory to the Guild’s Zero Tolerance Policy. (ZTP)
- A comment will also be removed if it is deemed to be defamatory of the Guild or likely to place the Guild or any individual at risk.
- Comments will be monitored regularly during Guild office hours (between 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday). Comments placed overnight will be monitored at the earliest possible opportunity during working hours.
- If you see a comment that you think violates the Zero Tolerance Policy, or contains bullying, harassment or discrimination of any kind, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- You must be logged in to the website to post a comment – this means that you will be identifiable as the author of a comment and you alone are responsible for its content.
- Occasionally, ideas may be posted that relate only to a specific liberation group. These are clearly indicated – only individuals self-defining as a member of this group should comment on these ideas. If a member of any group has concerns about posting, they should contact their respective Liberation Officer or GPDG Representative, who will be able to comment on an issue on your behalf if you wish to remain anonymous.
- Any comments posted that constitute a serious breach of the ZTP will be dealt with in line Guild disciplinary polices. You can find out more about these here.
- If you wish to dispute removal of your comment, please let us know in writing via email@example.com