Thank you to everyone that completed our survey on Study Spaces. The results have been collated and I have passed along your feedback to the University. They have agreed to make changes to improve services where it is possible and in the best interests of students to do so. These will be announced in the coming weeks and I will post updates here accordingly based on the recommendations provided.
The University should consider:
- Increasing the number of spaces available on campus as a priority, including private study spaces where possible
- Creating a system to allow morning/afternoon/evening booking options in some but not necessarily all study spaces
- Ensuring the advertised opening and closing times of study spaces are adhered to, and extended (during weekends) where possible
- Allowing students to enter the library to collect books without the need to book
- The other results and feedback from this survey and working with the Guild Officers to investigate other areas of improvement
Read the full report here.